Thursday, July 30, 2009

ESL Simple Past Tense Model Conversation

BONUS ESL AMERICAN TRAINING SCHOOL
PLAINFIELD
LEVEL 2 (SIMPLE PAST TENSE WITH REGULAR AND IRREGULAR VEBRS)
CONVERSATION 1
A: How are you doing, Don?
B: Pretty good.
A: I heard you were on vacation.
B: Yeah! I went to Aruba.
A: Aruba! Wow! How was it?
B: Fantastic. The weather was nice.
A: What did you do there?
B: I went to the beach, swam, and drank piƱa coladas! You know, having a good time.
A: Who did you go with?
B: My kids came with me. My wife didn’t. She went to Montreal to attend a business meeting.

Now, change the words in bold. Use your own words.

CONVERSATION 2
A: How was your weekend?
B: Just so –so.
A: How come?
B: Well, The teacher gave us a lot of homework so I stayed home, did the homework and watched TV. On Sunday I wanted to go out but the weather was awful.
A: Yeah! It was raining cats and dogs.

Now, change the words in bold. Use your own words.

No comments:

Post a Comment